Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). catfish fillets
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- paprika, for color
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pecan halves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- For Frangelica Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Frangelico liqueur
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, cold chipped
- Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
- Prepare frangelica butter sauce, directions below.
- Season catfish with salt and cayenne, sprinkle with paprika and place in baking dish.
- Add melted butter, wine and lemon juice.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 450 degree (225 C.) oven 5 to 7 minutes (do not overcook).
- Place on serving platter and top with Frangelica Butter Sauce and pecans sauteed in 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter.
- To prepare sauce:
- In medium saucepan, slowly reduce cream and Frangelica together until approximately 6 tbsp (90 ml) remain.
- Slowly add butter, a few chips at a time, swirling pan constantly to incorporate butter into cream (do not stir); continue swirling until all butter has been added.