- A deli-style potatoe salad
- McCall's Cookbook, 1963
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). unpeeled medium potatoes or 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) precooked potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) diced celery
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dill seed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) mayonnaise
- salad greens for garnish, optional
- Cook scrubbed potatoes in small amount of boiling, salted water, covered, just until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Drain; let cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes; dice.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except salad greens.
- Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled--several hours.
- Spoon into serving bowl; garnish with salad greens.