Strawberry Ice Cream (Yum-Yum)
- A different kind of strawberry ice cream
- Barbara M.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries; capped, halved, lightly rinsed and mashed
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 1/2 gal. buttermilk
- Mash strawberries with the sugar.
- Add buttermilk and stir until well blended.
- Put all in ice cream freezer and crank until frozen.
- You can barely taste the buttermilk. This is soooo good!
This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law, while she and her husband were stationed in California.