Pan Braised Chicken and Hot Cherry Peppers
- From "Food TV" a way to use Hot Cherry Peppers.
- S. Chokel via Michael Lomonaco of Food TV's Episode #: ML1B2
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 1/8ths
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry oregano
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 pickled hot red and green cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) hot beef broth, chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups (475 ml) egg noodles
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- chopped Italian parsley
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and the dry oregano.
- In a large straight-sided saute pan or chicken fryer heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the hot oil and brown all sides well.
- While the chicken is cooking drain the peppers, cut them into quarters, and discard the stem and seeds.
- In a separate saucepan heat the broth and keep warm.
- Drain, carefully, all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) of fat from the chicken and add the onions.
- Cook the onions to golden brown.
- Add the peppers to the onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the broth and tomato and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan.
- Braise the chicken, onions and peppers for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Just before serving, bring 4 quarts (3775 ml) of water to a boil, add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of salt, and cook the noodles until tender.
- Drain the noodles, toss with butter and place on a large platter.
- Serve the chicken over the noodles and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the top.
- Recipe courtesy of Michael Lomonaco at Food TV Located on the Internet at: