- Vicky Bryant
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) chilled unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground white pepper
- fresh tarragon, optional (for Bernaise Sauce)
- Add egg yolks to a small saucepan; whisk until lemon yellow and slightly thick, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in lemon juice.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold butter, and place over very low heat.
- Whisk constantly while butter is melting, and continue whisking until thick enough to see the pan between strokes Remove pan from heat, and beat in 1 tbsp (15 ml) cold butter.
- Whisk in melted butter a little bit at a time (about 2 tbsp (30 ml) at a time).
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- And, if you want Bernaise Sauce you just add fresh tarragon to Hollandaise Sauce