- Teri Shute
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). green tomatoes, chopped (8 cups)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). allspice
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard seed
- 1 quart (950 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light brown sugar
- 2 sweet red or green peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Mix the tomatoes with the salt, cover and let stand overnight or for 24 hours.
- Wash in cold water and drain.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a pot, add the tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Cook gently for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 in. headspace, and seal.
- If you wish, process in a boiling-water bath for 10 min.
- This is the closest recipe I could find to your request. I found it in a Fanny Farmer Cookbook. I hope it is what you are looking for.