- Teri Shute
- 8 inch baked pie crust shell
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk or cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). grated onion
- A few grains of cayenne
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Scald the milk or cream over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and add the shredded cheese, stir until melted.
- Add salt, paprika, onion, cayenne.
- Remove mixture from heat and beat in 1 egg at a time.
- Fill pie crust and bake it until the custard is firm, about 45 minutes.
- I found this recipe in The Joy of Cooking. It is the only recipe I could find that is called Cheese Custard Pie (I have over 1 hundred cookbooks).
This sounds more like a savory pie rather than a dessert pie. Hope it what you are looking for.