- From fresh peaches, ball blue book
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) crushed, peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- Combine peaches and water and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, slowly bring to boiling, stirring occasionaly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cook rapidly until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes stirring occasionaly to prevent sticking.
- Pour, boiling hot, into hot ball jars.
- Adjust caps.
- Process 10-15 minutes.
- For spiced peach jam, add 1 teaspoon whole cloves,
1/2 teaspoon whole allspice, and 1 stick cinnamon,
tied up in cheese cloth bag, add while cooking. Remove
bag before pouring jam into jars.