Stuffed Meatloaf with Phyllo Pastry Crust
- So easy to make, so good to eat
- Gale Berry
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground round
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- lots of garlic powder
- pepper to your taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms fresh or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated mozzeralla cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 sheet of thawed Phyllo pastry
- Mix hamburger with bread crumbs, seasonings and egg.
- Spread out flat to form an oblong shape.
- Put mushrooms and cheese all over the top of this.
- Roll the meatloaf up starting at the narrow end; be sure to pinch shut any cracks, you want this to be sealed real good.
- Wrap the pastry crust completely around the meatloaf.
- Place this in a greased 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) loaf pan (seam side down).
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 45 minutes or until the crust is nice and brown.
- When you slice this each piece will have the mushrooms and cheese.
- Serve with a brown gravy and mashed potatoes.
I love to cook and this is just something I made up.