- Cucumber Salad
Serves/Makes:6 or more servings
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and thick-sliced
- 1 small onion, thin-sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dill weed
- Sprinkle cucumbers and onions with salt.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain off any liquid.
- Combine all ingredients and chill well before serving.
- This evening I served this as a side dish with barbecued chicken. It was cool, fresh and a really good compliment. The best part is that it's quick and easy!