- Recipe from old cocoa can
Serves/Makes:1 8 or 9 inch pan
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Hershey's cocoa
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a heavy 4-quart saucepan.
- Stir in milk.
- Bring to boil on med-high heat stirring constantly.
- Boil without stirring to 234 degrees (100 C.) (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla, do not stir.
- Cool at room temperature to about 110 degrees (45 C.).
- Beat until fudge thickens and loses some of its gloss.
- Quickly spread into buttered 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into pieces.