- Want the flakiest crust ever Try Mirinda's
- Mirinda's Gourmet Kitchen
Serves/Makes:2 Crusts for One Pie
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 12 tbsp (175 ml) butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cardamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Combine flour, sugar, cardamon and salt; mix together well,.
- Add butter and work with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Put the vinegar and milk together for a few minutes until soured.
- Now add egg yolk, and milk mixture to dough mixture.
- Divide dough in half and work on a lightly floured pastry cloth to roll out (mixture should be easy to manipulate like soft play dough).
- Bake as filling recipe indicates.