- Butterfinger cookies--that says it all!!
Serves/Makes:2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 Butterfinger bars, broken into pieces
- 1 1/4 to 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) double-acting baking powder
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add brown sugar gradually and blend until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add butterfinger bars gradually to mix.
- Measure flour and then sift.
- Resift with salt amd baking powder.
- Stir the sifted ingredients into the batter.
- To make up a batch immediately:
- After mixing the dough, form it into whatever you want.
- Chill as long as you want.
- Bake the refrigerated cookies on a greased cookie sheed in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven for 8 to 10 minutes.