- Hamburger (ground beef) in a rich sauce to serve on toasted buns or try it over mashed potatoes or macaroni!!
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced celery
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) catsup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1 can of tomato soup (Campbell's brand IS the best here)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- Brown the ground beef (use a hot olive oil or shortening if it is toooo lean) in a large deep skillet or a broad surfaced pot like a dutch oven, then discard any excess fat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir very thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer about 1-1/12 hours.
- This is a really delicious meal to serve on toasted buns with a good kettle fried potato chip vareity and a cold beer ANY time of the year, but especially nice for NFL Sundays or Monday Night football.