- Rich and creamy Lemon Pie with a good tangggggg!
- Kiss the Cook
Serves/Makes:6 or more slices
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 large lemon, all juice and yellow rind, grated fine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canned milk diluted with 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cream sugar, flour and butter.
- Stir in beaten egg yolks.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Add diluted canned milk, slowly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- You could bake this pie, add meringue, and finish the baking. This is an excellent recipe. As far as I know, you have to use the canned milk due to the processing of the milk and the curdling properties to keep the pie silky textured and still creamy.