- Simple Everyday all American Chicken Dinner from the heart of the 50's.
- Peek from 1969 Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, margarine, or chicken fat
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pimiento
- In saucepan, melt 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, margarine, or chicken fat.
- Blend in 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) of salt.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth and 1 cup (225 ml) milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken, one 3 oz (84 grm). can of mushrooms, drained, and 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped canned pimiento.
- Heat through.
- Serve over toast points.
- Toast Points are easy. Toast the bread, and when done, cut on the diagonal.. you got toast points!