- 2 large russet potatoes
- Crisco or other vegetable shortening
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Rub each with a dab of Crisco to coat the skin of the potato.
- Place potatoes on cookie sheet and bake for one hour.
- Remove potatoes from oven and slice open.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving skin intact.
- Mash pulp with butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, milk and cheese.
- Return potato mixture to potato skins.
- Bake stuffed potatoes for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.