Sissy Wommack's Graham Cracker Pralines
- Graham Cracker Pralines
- Sissy Wommack's Mother Myrtie Joe Hawes
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar (packed firmly into the cup)
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 box or 20 to 30 Graham Crackers(or as many as you want)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease a very large or 2 regular sized cookie sheets with butter.
- Place the Graham Crackers side by side on the cookie sheet(s), as many as you can, set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan bring to a boil the sugar and the butter.
- Boil it 2 minutes, no longer.
- Add the pecans and vanilla to the mixture and mix together.
- Then pour the butter and sugar mixture over the Graham Crackers, and spread it evenly over the Graham Crackers with the back of a large spoon.
- Put in oven and bake on 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When you take out of the oven, while still hot, cut the cookies with a knife, and if can cut where the Graham Crackers were originally scored from the factory, that would be great, if not make your own scoring.
- Cool, then they will break off where you scored them.
- Makes a bunch.
- Store in a air tight container.
- Well, I have seen lots of versions on this recipe, but this is my own. It is easy, fattening, rich and GOOD! I was called this morning for the recipe, so I thought while I had it out I would share it with ya'll. Hope you like it. Sissy