Apple, Raisin, and Walnut Fruit Cups
- A variety of crisp apples with raisins and nuts mixed in a light honey marinade.
- Susan Doocy
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- Apple Fruit Cup
- 4 or more large apples (each a different variety and color if possible)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, chopped well
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- Rinse well, core and chop the apples into bite-size chunks and put in a mixing bowl
- Add the raisins and walnuts, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, honey and cinnamon and blend well.
- Pour the honey mixture over the apple mixture and toss to cover all the fruit and nuts well.
- Chill and serve in pretty fruit cups.
- This recipe doubles or triples easily. As a garnish, add a dollop of sweetened sour cream or whipped cream.
This also is a wonderful filling to bake in Puff Pastry or Phyllo Dough Cups for a baked apple dessert served with french vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.