- Crock-Pot Chicken Caciatore
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 6 oz (168 grm). cans tomato paste
- 8 oz (224 grm). fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- Put sliced onion in bottom of crockpot.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Stir together remaining ingredients.
- Spread over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours (High 3 to 4 hours).
- Serve chicken pieces over hot spaghetti or vermicelli.
- This recipe comes from the Rival Crock-Pot cookbook. It's good and very easy.