- A novel nutritional manner to preserve a bumber crop of zucchini
- Charli - Certified Master Food Preserver
Serves/Makes:16 or more pints
- 4 quarts (3775 ml) shredded or cubed zucchini
- 46 oz (1288 grm). canned unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) bottled lemon juice
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- Hot Pack -- Peel zucchini and either cut into 1/2 inch cubes or shred.
- Mix zucchini with other ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Fill hot jars with hot mixture and cooking liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe jar rims.
- Adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath.
- Half-pints or pints for 15 minutes.
- This can be chilled and served as fruit or can be substituted in any recipe calling for crushed or chunked pineapple.