Ruby Rhubarb and Raspberry Jam
- A wonderful combination of raspberries and rhubarb
- Charli - Certified Master Food Preserver
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). rhubarb
- juice of one lemon
- 11 oz (308 grm). raspberries (frozen can be used)
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) sugar
- Wash the rhubarb and raspberries.
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces.
- Put both fruits together with the lemon juice into a large pan.
- Stir over a low heat until juice starts to run from the raspberries.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes being careful not to burn mixture, and then add sugar.
- Continue cooking over a low heat, stirring from time to time until the sugar is dissolved and the rhubarb is soft.
- Bring to a rolling boil for about 4 minutes, and then test for jellying or use a candy thermometer until it reads 220 degrees (100 C.).
- Pour into pint or 1/2 pint hot jars and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.