- Donna Rice
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). package frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded chedder cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dill weed
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon;crumble and set aside.
- In drippings, saute onion and green pepper until tender; remove with slotted spoon.
- Beat eggs and milk in large bowl.
- Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion, green pepper, and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Another card group hit. We think the recipe was originally from Taste of Home Magazine.