Serves/Makes:Huge! I cut it in half
- 3 quarts (2850 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 8 to 10 med. potatoes
- 2 beets
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dill weed or fresh dill
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots
- 1 large can of tomatoes
- 1 whole sliced cabbage
- 1 large diced onion
- 2/3 lb (.3 kg). butter
- Sweet cream to serve with!
- Add water, salt, potatoes, beets, dill and carrots to a large pot.
- Boil together until soft.
- Add the can of tomatoes.
- Then mash the ingredients in the pot.
- Fry half the cabbage and half the onions in 1/3 lb (.2 kg). butter untill onions are transparent.
- Add to broth along with the rest of the cabbage and onions.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cut in 1/3 lb (.2 kg). of butter and let set for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sweet cream!
- Very good! You can use less butter if you want!