- Crystal Sechtman
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 5 cups (1175 ml) rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). pkg. strawberry jello
- 1 pkg. mini-marshmallows
- 1 pkg. cake mix, white or yellow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Layer ingredients in order listed in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Top with cake batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- I was very surprised that this was so good. My mother bought the ingredients and made me try it. I was so glad I did! It is one of the best rhubarb recipes I've tried. The marshmellows and jello may sound a little scary but the results are surprising - a moist, sweet and delicious cake. You would never guess there's marshmellows or jello in it.