- Caramel & Pecan Candies
Serves/Makes:Makes 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package caramels
- 2 tsp (10 ml). margarine
- 2 tsp (10 ml). water
- 3 cups (700 ml) whole pecans
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). chocolate bar
- 1/2 block paraffin (1/8th of a box)
- Melt caramels, margarine and water in heavy pan or top of double boiler.
- Add pecans and stir until pecans are coated.
- Drop by small spoonfuls on waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate bar and paraffin.
- Dip each candy into chocolate mixture.
- Place on waxed paper until cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Really good stuff! It's not the holidays without Millionaires at our house.
Try substituting black walnuts or regular walnuts!