- A creamy, delicious frosting good on any cake
Serves/Makes:1 cake topping
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 4 cups (950 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- heavy cream, as needed
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and shortening.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Drizzle in heavy cream and mix until the frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Use as little or as much heavy cream as necessary, according to the consistency that you like.