- Oven baked cabbage
- 1 head cabbage
- butter or margarine
- Aluminum foil
- Quarter the head of cabbage.
- Place each quarter on a piece of foil.
- Cover with butter or margarine to taste.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in foil and bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for about 1 hour until soft.
- This is very easy and tastes wonderful. We literally smother the cabbage with the margarine. This process bakes and "steams" at the same time. I test for doneness by gently squeezing with my hand (covered with an oven mitt). I hope you enjoy!