- Lemon-flavored cake with pudding on bottom.
- My files
Serves/Makes:8 X 8 pan or 1 qt. casserole
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 eggs, separated (save yolks for later use in recipe)
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- Beat salt and egg whites to soft peaks.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, beat to stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat yolks, zest, juice and butter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar mixed with flour; add milk.
- Fold into egg whites.
- Pour into greased pan or casserole.
- Set in pan containing 1/2" hot water.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) 55-60 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
- Chill and enjoy!