- meat loaf like mom made it
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). minced meat (hamburger)
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). sausage meat
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages powered soup mix (your choice, I use tomato and onion)
- 2 cups (475 ml) breadcrumbs
- 2 diced onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mixed herbs, to taste
- Simply mix all ingredients together.
- Place into 2 loaf tins or make into 2 tinfoil parcels.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.) to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and your favourate vegetables.
This recipe can make a meal for many or you can freeze one loaf down for future use. It's yummy, even for people who don't usually like meat loaf. It is also great on a sandwich.
Editors note: Please forgive us--our conversion program works from standard to metric, fahrenheit to celcius. We've done our best to reverse the measurements so the recipe would make sense in the final copy.