Crock Pot Chunk-Style Applesauce
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 8 to 10 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced or cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- Put ingredients in Crock Pot.
- Cover; cook on low 8 to 10 hours. (High: 3 to 4 hours).
- Serve warm.
- Add cream if desired.
- This recipe comes from the Crock Pot cookbook. It is absolutely one of my favorites. I use Granny Smith apples if they're available.
I love to make this early in the morning when it's cool outside. There is nothing better than coming in from the cold and smelling apples and cinnamon cooking. YUM!