- Delicious and easy
- Sheila Kosko
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sausage (any flavor)
- 1 8oz. block cream cheese
- 2 pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
- garlic powder
- poppy seeds
- Fry sausage, crumbling it as it cooks; drain well.
- Mix sausage and cream cheese in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Take rolls out but only separate them into large rectangles, pressing triangle seams together. You should end up with 2 rectangles per package.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over all 4 rectangles.
- Sprinkle each lightly with garlic powder.
- Roll each into a log.
- Slightly moisten top of each roll with water.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Freeze logs until firm enough to slice (about 15 minutes).
- Slice logs into about 3/4" pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet (poppy seeds up).
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
- These are a total party pleaser and a great make-ahead appetizer as you can freeze the logs until you're ready.
I advise you at least double this recipe for a large crowd...They dissapear in no time! They really are Delicious!