- Whichever liquor you prefer
- Sheila Kosko
Serves/Makes:about 48 pieces
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed vanilla wafers
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bourbon or rum
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- Mix sugar, vanilla wafers, walnuts and cocoa powder.
- Stir in corn syrup, liquor, and water until combined.
- On work suface dusted with powdwered sugar, pat mixture into an 8x6" rectangle.
- Cut into 48 pieces (a pizza cutter works well for this).
- Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place in a tightly covered container for 2-3 days.
- Before serving, roll balls in additional powdered sugar.
- These are a great gift for the Holidays! If you want a non-alcoholic version: substitute 2 T. water and 1/2 tsp. artificial rum/brandy flavoring.