Small Chocolate Dessert Cups
- Sheila Kosko
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tbsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, soft
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). vanilla extract
- 9 4 oz (112 grm). ramekins, small bowls, or shallow cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Process until combined.
- Add egg white, butter, honey and vanilla.
- Process until a dough is formed.
- Drop dough by rounded 2 tbsp (30 ml), 3" apart, onto prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake about 8 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Place cookie sheet on wire racks to cool slightly.
- Fit warm cookie into ramekin, pressing the center down gently and molding the cookie up the sides of ramekin.
- Gently pinch the cookie at its natural folds to give it a scalloped effect.
- Let cool, remove from ramekin.
- Fill and enjoy!
- Work quickly as the cookies will stiffen as they cool.
***If they do become too stiff to work with; return them to a 250 degree F oven for a few minutes to soften***