- Italian Cookies
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) granulated sugar
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water (scant)
- powdered sugar
- Combine eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla and whip until thick and yellow in color.
- Blend in the flour.
- Combine the confectioners sugar and the scant 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water, to form a thick icing.
- Blend the confectioners sugar icing into the cookie batter.
- Using a pastry bag without a tip, pipe 1 to 2 inch wide, by 3 to 4 inch long cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or a greased tinfoil-lined sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly cracked.
- Sprinkle the baked cookies with powdered sugar, just like they do in the bakeries, for a really authentic bakery cookie.
- Saviardi Cookies (these are not like store bought lady fingers, spongy and light - these have a nice crunchy sweet outside, with a soft cake like inside).
This came from 'Top Secret Receipes on the Net'.