- Vicky Bryant
- 2 cups (475 ml) soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated milk
- 4 oz (112 grm). smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried dillweed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- sour cream, optional
- fresh dill, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom of a 9" quiche dish and set aside.
- Stir ricotta and Swiss cheeses into eggs.
- Stir in milk, salmon, dillweed, salt and pepper.
- If making ahead, cover and chill up to 6 hours at this point.
- Pour filling into crust and bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven 35-40 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- Cool slightly, cut into wedges.
- Top with sour cream and fresh dill, if desired.
- To reheat in microwave, cover and cook at 50% power 40 seconds or until warm.
I personally think this would be excellent with caviar on top!!!!!