Chocolate Covered Cheeries
- Centers for Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Bird Greer
Serves/Makes:about 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) to 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) 4x sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). almond extract
- 3 doz. maraschino cherries, drained (approx.)
- Thoroughly cream butter with sugar and milk.
- Blend in vanilla and almond extract (If mixture is too sticky, additional sugar may be added).
- Mold a small amount around a cherry, being careful to completely cover each cherry.
- Place on waxed paper-covered tray, set aside.
- Melt your chocolate and drop centers into coating mixture; roll to coat completely and remove with a fork.
- Drop onto wax paper and make a curl on the top, allow to set at room temp until set.
- Check bottom and reseal if it needs it and store in a cool dry placefor at least 2 days, but not in the refrigerator.
- Centers are coated with a mixture of chocolate and paraffin (wax).
The paraffin helps the chocolate stick to what you are dipping and not melt as quickly.