Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated lemon rind
- 2 cups (475 ml) white wine
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 pkg. gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 5 egg whites
- Make a syrup of the sugar and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water and simmer for 5 minutes with grated lemon rind.
- Cool; combine with wine,lemon juice, and dissolved gelatin.
- Mix thoroughly and strain through cheesecloth.
- Beat with rotary beater or in blender until frothy and white.
- Combine with stiffly-beaten egg whites and continue beating until stiff.
- Pour into mold or into individual glasses and chill.