- Orange-flavored sweet potato balls with a crisp coating and a melted surprise center
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornflakes - plain or frosted
- 2 16 oz (448 grm). cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 8 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease a shallow 11" x 7" baking dish.
- Fit the steel knife blade into the work bowl of a food processor.
- Process corn flakes into processed into 1/8" pieces. Set aside.
- With the steel knife blade still attached, combine potatoes, butter or margarine, orange juice and ginger in the work bowl.
- Process until pureed.
- Divide potato mixture into portions.
- Mold a potato portion around each marshmallow and roll in chopped cornflakes.
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- These may be enjoyed equally well with pork or poultry.