- The easiest pot roast you've ever made
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 roast beef (size: whatever you can fit into a 3 1/2 qt. crock pot)
- 1 package dried onion soup mix
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Empty contents of onion soup package into crock pot.
- Pour water into crock pot.
- If using a frozen roast, set on high and let it cook all day.
- If using a refrigerated roast, set on high and cook for a half a day (or low if you've got all day).
- This is how my mom taught me how to cook a pot roast and the only way she or I do it. If you're planning on being at work all day, just put fix it before you leave for work and you'll come home to a wonderful-smelling kitchen and one dinner dish that is already finished. Since the crock stays hot for a good while, you can go ahead and turn it off while you're preparing the rest of you dinner. Enjoy! :)