- Gum Drop like
Serves/Makes:2 pounds approx.
- 2 pouches CERTO Fruit Pectin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar, measured into separate bowl (See tip below.)
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) light corn syrup
- One envelope KOOL-AID Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix, any flavor
- Additional Sugar
- Butter or spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with no stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir fruit pectin, water and baking soda in 4-quart saucepan. (Mixture will foam slightly.)
- Cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until foam has thinned.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups (475 ml) sugar, corn syrup and soft drink mix.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir mixture until bubbles have thinned.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan.
- Let stand at room temperature until mixture is cool and firm, about 3 hours.
- Invert pan onto wax paper which has been sprinkled with sugar.
- Sprinkle sugar over top of candy.
- Cut into shapes with small cookie cutters.
- Let stand overnight, uncovered, at room temperature before packing or storing.
- I found this recipe at http://www.kraftfoods.com by using their "Recipe search" then "Recipe type" then selecting "Desserts" in step 1 and "Candies" in step 2 and clicking on "get recipes" at the bottom of the page.
It is the only recipe they have that comes close. It uses CERTO Fruit Pectin, but seems like it might work for you, good luck.