- Simple to make...no extras needed...I can't cook, and I make this with compliments galore.
- K. Marineau
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef roast - tied OR untied (At least one side should have a nice layer of fat. You can trim it off after it's cooked, but this is important for a nice, juicy roast.)
- 5 carrots
- 5 large sticks of celery
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- Clean and cut up all vegetables into medium size chunks--Do NOT include the leaves of the celery.
- Spread out ingredients evenly around perimeter of large roasting pan.
- Leave a circular space in the middle of pan.
- Place roast in the middle of pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Liberally sprinkle entire contents with garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of water into pan.
- Cover the roasting pan and place in middle rack of oven.
- Roast for 3 to 4 hours.
- After about 2 hours, you might want to check the water level. If it seems to be getting dry, add another half cup of water to the bottom. You can pour it directly over the meat. This is basically basting, to ensure the meat will be moist.
You won't need to make side dishes with this. you have your meat, potatoes and veggies all in one pot!