- Diane B.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). basil
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken broth
- 3 large carrots cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 thick slices of Velveeta processed American cheese (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream (optional)
- Brown the hamburger with the chopped onion.
- Drain off any fat.
- In a large saucepot add the hamburger to the chicken broth. Stir in parsley, basil, cubed potatoes and carrots. Simmer about one hour or till veggies are tender.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add flour to make a paste.
- Add this to the soup,bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add Velveeta cheese that has been cubed, salt and pepper.
- Simmer till cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream.
- Your kids will love this soup!