- Diane B.
- 1 lb (.5 kg). veal
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bacon, diced, cooked and drained of any fat
- 1 cup (225 ml) spinach
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- Cut veal into 12 pieces and pound very thin; set aside.
- Saute garlic, spinach, and shallots in olive oil till soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese, bacon, sprinkle with salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir till blended.
- Place 1/4 cup (60 ml) stuffing on each piece of veal and roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Dredge the rolls in flour,then dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place on greased pan.
- Place in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.