- Diane B.
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 2 dozen fresh mussels
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Spanish onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) clam juice
- cooked linguini
- crusty bread
- Debeard and rinse mussels.
- Heat a saute pan to very hot and add oil.
- Add garlic and onions, cooking till soft.
- Add white wine, stirring to deglaze pan.
- Then add mustard. Place mussels in pan along with cream and clam juice.
- Cover with a second pan inverted to create a steamer.
- Reduce heat slightly and steam for 5 minutes.
- Mussels are done when open and firm.
- Heap mussels in a bowl and pour broth over them.
- Serve over cooked linguini and with a crusty bread.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
I serve them over linguine noodles because the sauce is so tasty!