Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- Diana B
- 1 small head of broccoli, blanche till tender-crisp
- 1 pie crust (if you use frozen, thaw out)
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) half and half
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). thyme
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cut broccoli in small pieces and place in pie crust.
- Mix eggs, half and half, salt and thyme till well blended.
- Add cheddar cheese to the egg mixture; stir till blended.
- Pour the egg-cheese mixture over the broccoli in the piecrust.
- Place in pre-heated 350 degree (175 C.) oven and bake 40 minutes or until center is firm and not runny.
- Let sit 5 minutes before cutting and serve.