- Regina M.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans black beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated sharp chedder cheese
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) sour cream
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) minced green onions
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- Place beans and liquid in pot and partially mash with potato masher.
- Cook over high heat.
- Add salsa, chili powder and broth; bring to a boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Top with grated cheese, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.
- Great for a cold day!
From Cooking Light Magazine, October 2000 issue.