- Peppermint Fondant
- Bird Greer
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups of fondant
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). box confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 egg white
- 5 or more drops mint flavoring (or whatever flavor you choose)
- Combine the sugar, syrup and egg white in a bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture holds together.
- Turn out onto a surface dusted with additional sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Knead for several minutes until mixture is no longer sticky.
- Add desired flavoring, then roll out and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on a rack to dry.
- Store between wax paper in a covered container.