Sweet Potato Flaxseed Bread
- This really should be called Delicious Antioxident Healthy Bread! A great bread to make and enjoy for taste and health.
- What's Cooking with Kim O'Donnel
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose Robin Hood or other all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) bruised flaxseed oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) golden raisins
- Optional: 1/4 cup (60 ml) mashed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add the eggs, oil, and milk; mix until well blended.
- Finally, stir in the mashed sweet potatoes, pumpkin (if using), pecans, and golden raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes before removing.
- For best flavor, store overnight before serving.