- Bird Greer
Serves/Makes:2 dozen brownies
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with a paper towel after this layer)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour mixed with
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder and
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- Layer ingredients in order given in a quart jar "wide mouth" canning jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Type or write these instructions on a card to attach to the brownies.
- 1 Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use hands to thoroughly blend the mix.
- 2 Add: 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, not diet, melted and 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3 Mix until completely blended
- 4 Spread batter in a sprayed 9" x 13" baking pan.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- 6 Cut into 2" squares.
- Makes 2 dozen brownies
- You must pack the ingredients tight in the jar or you won't have enough room for the ingredients.
I put the lids on then a decorative cover of some sort.